Interpreting Blockchain – AIM Professional Academy
A seminar on Blockchain principles and regulatory considerations
AIM Professional Academy will be hosting a full-day seminar helping attendees unravel the mysteries of blockchain on 28th March 2019. The event will take place between 8.30am and 4.30pm at their premises in Tower Business Centre.
‘Blockchain’ seems to be the new buzzword nowadays. But exactly, what is Blockchain? How does it work? What difference is this technology going to make in our lives? This full day seminar, organized by AIM Professional Academy, intends to answer questions on what is Blockchain, what technology is used, how it is used, its pros and cons, and its tax and financial parameters and regulations. Our list of guest-speakers have been carefully selected on the basis of their wealth of knowledge on the subject.
Chris Grech from Malta AI and Blockchain Summit will be one of the speakers in attendance, with others topics including:
• An introduction to Blockchain and DLT principles – Ms. Tugce Ergul, Co-founder of Angel Labs, FORBES LISTS 30 Under 30 (Europe – Finance 2018)
• Cyber-security in relation to DLT – Dr. Joshua Ellul, Chairman at Malta Digital Innovation Authority
• Decentralised applications and how they can improve user experience, Dean Van Dugteren, Founder at Nos
• Regulatory framework applicable to Virtual Financial Assets – Dr. Christina Scicluna, Senior Associate at MAMO TCV Advocates
• Income tax considerations applicable to VFA service providers and Issuers of VFAs – Dr. Franklin Cachia, Senior Associate at FFF legal
• VAT considerations applicable VFA service providers and Issuers of VFAs – Mr. Matthew Zampa, Partner at Zampa Debattista
• Accounting considerations applicable to VFA service providers and Issuers of VFAs – Mr. Chris Grech, Director at White
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Well, anyone who has no idea on what Blockchain is all about, and even those who want to ask questions to clarify their queries on Blockchain to the speakers. A lot of people don’t know about the nitty gritty on Blockchain, but that does not mean that we should not do our best to be well informed on the subject. This is a golden opportunity for those who are in the financial sector, the accountancy sector, the I.T sector, the gaming sector and businesses, to get a better understanding of what Blockchain is all about.
Just like technology, there’s always more room to grow and learn more. This seminar will enhance your understanding on the essentials of Blockchain; to get you started on the subject to feel comfortable enough in the presence of the new language of Blockchain. Our experts are international and local speakers on the subject, making this seminar a unique opportunity for you to be in the same room with the ones who know all about this subject matter, in order to guide you to a better understanding to ‘interpret blockchain’ better.
This seminar is accredited with 6 hours of structured CPE qualifying for the attainment of Core Competencies by the Malta Institute of Accountants (MIA) in terms of the Accountancy Board’s Accreditation rules